Conditions of Sale
In these Conditions the "Seller" means Tiflex Limited, the "Purchaser" means the person, firm or company purchasing
the goods, the "goods" means the goods or materials and/or services which shall be the subject of the contract between the Seller and the Purchaser.
9.1 For goods which are manufactured by the Seller or which bear one of the Seller's trade marks and/or where
services are provided, the Seller grants the following guarantee:-
- Formation of contract
- Any order sent to the Seller by the Purchaser shall be accepted entirely at the discretion of the Seller,
and, if so accepted, will only be accepted upon these conditions (hereafter referred to as the "Conditions") and by means of the Seller's Order Acknowledgement (hereinafter referred to as the "Acceptance").
- Each order, which is so accepted shall constitute an individual legally binding contract between the Seller
and the Purchaser (hereafter referred to in these Conditions as the "Contract").
- No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Purchaser except with the agreement in
writing of the Seller and on terms that the Purchaser shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred
by the Seller or wasted as a result of cancellation.
- These Conditions shall override any contrary different or additional terms or conditions (if any) contained
on or referred to in an order form or other documents or correspondence from the Purchaser, and no addition alteration or substitution of these terms will bind the Seller or form part of any Contract unless they are expressly accepted
in writing by a person authorised to sign on the Seller's behalf.
- All goods supplied by the
Seller shall be in accordance with (i) the current edition of the relevant product specification as published from time to time by the Seller (copies of which are available from the Seller upon request) and (ii) those further specifications or descriptions (if any) expressly listed or set out on the face of the Acceptance. In the case of any conflict between (i) and (ii), (ii) shall override (i). No other specification, descriptive material, written or oral representation, correspondence or statement, promotional or sales literature shall form part of or be incorporated by reference into the Contract.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list,
acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- The Seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the goods which are required to
conform with any applicable statutory or EU requirements or, where the goods are to be supplied to the Seller's specification, which do not materially affect their quality of performance.
- Any jigs, tools, dies, patterns, moulds, gauges, components, materials or any other items of whatsoever
nature which are manufactured by the Seller in connection with the Contract whether made on a part cost basis which shall be charged to the Purchaser or included in the price of the goods shall become the absolute property of the
Seller. The Seller may at its discretion keep such items for a reasonable time in anticipation of future orders but without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- The Purchaser shall indemnify the Seller against any and all liabilities, claims and costs incurred by or
made against the Seller as a direct or indirect result of manufacturing, or carrying out of any work required to be done on or to, the goods in accordance with the requirements or specifications of the Purchaser involving any
infringement or alleged infringement of any rights of any third party.
- Acceptance of Goods
- The Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted all goods upon the expiry of 48 hours after their delivery by the
Seller and/or after completion of any services to be provided by the Seller.
- Delivery and Risk
- Delivery of the goods is ex works loaded in accordance with Incoterms 2000. Any time or date for delivery given
by the Seller is given in good faith, but is an estimate only and is not of the essence of the Contract. If the Purchaser fails to take delivery of the goods within 48 hours of notification that the goods are ready for delivery,
delivery shall be deemed to have taken place and the goods will be invoiced by the Seller.
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the Purchaser upon delivery or, if the Purchaser wrongfully fails to take
delivery of the goods, the time when the seller has tendered delivery of the goods or, if the Purchaser fails to take any action on its part necessary for shipment or delivery, when the goods are ready for shipment or delivery.
- The Purchaser shall be responsible for the suitability of any special packaging it requests.
The Purchaser shall notify the Seller of all packaging and markings required in respect of the goods by any applicable system of law other than English law.
- Orders placed by the internet will be acknowledged by the Seller within 12 working hours of the order being
placed. Delivery of internet placed orders will be within 3 working days
- Prices, Payment and Title
- The price of the goods is ex works loaded and unpacked and does not include the cost of packaging and carriage,
unless otherwise specified in writing by the Seller. Where incurred, such costs shall be added to the price of the goods. VAT and any other applicable taxes or duties shall be added to the price of the goods.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Acceptance, the Purchaser shall pay the price of the goods within 30 (thirty)
days of the date of the Seller's invoice. If the Purchaser fails to make the payment before or on the due date the Seller shall be entitled to charge the Purchaser interest accruing monthly on the amount unpaid at the reference
rate specified in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended from time to time from the date 30 days after the relevant invoice until payment in full is made (a part month being treated as a full month for the
purpose of calculating interest).
- Title to the goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Purchaser has paid their price and all sums due
from the Purchaser under other contracts with the Seller have been paid to the Seller, but, even though title has not passed, the Seller shall be entitled to sue for their price once its payment has become due.
Until such payment is received the Purchaser shall be in possession of the goods solely as bailee for the Seller and in a fiduciary capacity shall protect and insure the goods and shall store the goods in such a way as to enable them to be identified as the property of the Seller.
- The Seller reserves the immediate right of repossession of any goods to which it has retained title as aforesaid
and thereafter to re-sell the same. For this purpose the Purchaser hereby grants an irrevocable right and licence to the Seller's employees or agents to enter all or any of the Purchaser's premises with or without vehicles during
normal business hours. This right shall continue notwithstanding termination of the Contract for any reason and is without prejudice to any other rights of the Seller.
- The Seller shall be entitled to suspend further deliveries wholly or in part and/or to terminate the Contract
and any other contract then subsisting between the parties without prejudice to any other rights of the Seller if:- the Purchaser fails to make any payment when it becomes due or is in breach of any terms of the Contract or any other
contract with the Seller; or the Purchaser enters into any composition or arrangement with creditors; or the Purchaser has a receiver, administrative receiver or administrator appointed or shall enter into liquidation or permits the
goods over which the Seller retains title to become subject to any lien, pledge, charge or other encumbrance or suffers or permits any similar or analogous process or encumbrance under the laws of any jurisdiction; or the Seller has
grounds to believe that the Purchaser may be unable to pay the sums due under the Contract; or the Seller is unable to perform the Contract by reason of any cause within Condition 8 below. If due to such a cause the Seller has
insufficient stocks to meet all its commitments the Seller may apportion available stocks between its purchasers at its sole discretion.
- Refund and cancellation terms
- Orders may be cancelled without penalty if despatch has not occurred. Following despatch, orders may not be
cancelled without the specific prior agreement of the Seller, but such prior agreement will not be unreasonably withheld. In the event of an order being cancelled following despatch, the Purchaser agrees to pay the Seller the packaging
and carriage charges involved in the order cancellation plus 20% of the order value.
- Damage in Transit
- Where the Seller arranges carriage on behalf of the Purchaser, such carriage shall be at the Purchaser's risk
and cost and in accordance with the selected carrier's conditions of carriage, which contain limitations on the carrier's liability in respect of loss or damage to the goods carried. If the goods are lost or damaged in transit it is
the responsibility of the Purchaser to notify the carrier of the same within the time limits for claims specified in the conditions of carriage. The Seller will not be liable for goods lost or damaged in transit unless such damage
results from incorrect packaging by the Seller.
- Force Majeure
- The Seller shall not be under any liability for any failure to perform any of its obligations under the
Contract due to Force Majeure. Following notification by the Seller to the Purchaser of such cause, the Seller shall be allowed a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations.
- In these Conditions, 'Force Majeure' means any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Seller including,
without limitation, Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire, war or threat of war, terrorism, sabotage, rebellion, civil disturbance or legislation or measures of any kind by any governmental, parliamentary, local or supranational
authority, lock-outs, industrial action or disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or a third party), difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery, power or machinery failures or breakdowns,
accidents, transport delays or import or export regulations or embargoes.
- Guarantee and Limitation of Liability
- 9.1.1 The Seller shall free of charge repair or, at its option, replace defective goods or
re-perform the services where the defects appear under proper use within 12 months from the date of delivery or completion of the performance of the service, PROVIDED THAT: (a) notice in writing of the defects complained of shall
be given to the Seller upon their appearance, and (b)
such defects shall be found to the Seller's reasonable satisfaction to have arisen solely from the Seller's faulty design, workmanship or materials, and (c) the defective goods shall be returned to the Seller's factory at the Purchaser's expense if so requested by the Seller.
- 9.1.2 Any repaired or replaced goods or any re-performed services shall be redelivered or
re-performed by the Seller free of charge to the original point of delivery but otherwise in accordance with and subject to these Conditions of Sale save that the period of 12 months referred to in Condition 9.1.1 shall be replaced
by the un-expired portion of that period only.
- 9.1.3 Alternatively to Condition 9.1.1, the Seller shall be entitled at its absolute discretion to
refund the price of the defective goods in the event that such price shall already have been paid by the Purchaser to the Seller, or, if such price has not been so paid, to relieve the Purchaser of all obligation to pay the same by
the issue of a credit note in favour of the Purchaser in the amount of such price.
- 9.2 Nothing in these conditions shall operate or be construed to operate so as to exclude or restrict the
liability of the Seller under S. 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or be construed to operate so as to exclude or restrict liability of the Seller for death or personal injury caused the reason of the negligence of the Seller or of its
employees. Nothing in these conditions shall limit or exclude liability for any fraudulent representation or any other representation or matter for which liability may not be lawfully excluded.
WHERE THE GOODS ARE SOLD TO A PERSON DEALING AS A CONSUMER THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF THE PURCHASER ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THESE CONDITIONS.
- 9.3 In respect of all goods manufactured and supplied to the Seller by third parties or services performed by
third-parties as sub-contractors to the Seller, the Seller will pass on to the Purchaser (in so far as it is able to) the benefit of any warranty given to the Seller by such third parties and will (on request) supply to the Purchaser
details of the terms and conditions of such warranty and copies of any relevant product information sheets, technical data sheets or product leaflets issued by such third parties and the Purchaser shall be solely responsible to the
entire exclusion of the Seller for complying with all of these.
- 9.4 Subject to Condition 9.2 above, the Seller's entire liability in connection with defective goods is set
out in Condition 9.1.
Except in the case of liability in connection with defective goods, notwithstanding anything contained in these Conditions (other than Condition 9.2) or the Purchaser's order or the Acceptance, the Seller's liability to the Purchaser in respect of the Contract or supply of the goods in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or howsoever otherwise arising, shall not exceed the price of the goods specified in the Acceptance.
- 9.5 Subject to Condition 9.2 above, the Seller's liability under this Condition 9 shall be to the exclusion
of all other liability to the Purchaser whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise for defects in the goods or for any loss or damage to or caused by the goods, and liability in respect of
all other conditions, warranties, stipulations or other statements whatsoever concerning the goods, whether express or implied, by statute, at common law or otherwise howsoever, is hereby excluded; in particular (but without limitation
of the foregoing) the Seller grants no warranties regarding the fitness for purpose, performance, use, nature or satisfactory quality of the goods, whether express or implied, by statute, at common law or otherwise howsoever.
- Economic loss
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these Conditions, the Acceptance or the Purchaser's order, in no
circumstances shall the Seller be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise howsoever, and whatever the cause thereof, (i) for any loss of profit, business, production, contracts,
revenues, or anticipated savings, or (ii) for any economic, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, whether known of or in the reasonable contemplation of the Seller.
- Applicable law
- The Contract shall be considered a contract made in England and shall be governed in all respects by the law
of England and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Issue dated 01 August 2002
Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments. © Copyright 2010 Tiflex Limited. All rights reserved.